Sunday, April 12, 2009

More Sat wins and HU losses

So after the last post I was planning to focus more on tournies online and stay away from the cash games for a while. That def. did not happen this weekend.
I decide to fire up FTP in bed at like midnight Friday night (bad idea), I register for two 90man knockout Sit n Gos ($12 and $24) and a $50+5 MTT with 265 runners. An hour later I'm doing well in all three with a couple knockouts in each of the smaller events and top 25 in the other one. Well at 2:30AM I lose all tilt control and after getting 2-outed with one card to come for 90% of my stack in the $24KO I start spewing chips. I'm quickly busted from the othe KO when I open shove (M=12) from the cutoff with KJos and get called by pocket 5s. I lose half my stack in the $50 before settling down and starting to fold a couple hands preflop. Now its past three and I'm barely keeping my eyes open; at one of the breaks I fell asleep and if I hadn't left the volume on I would have slept through the rest of the event.
I steal a few blinds and take out one short stack and move into the top 15 with 80 left. Here is where I make the fatal error; I stop playing and wait for good cards that never come. I guess I was afraid that because I was so tired I would probably misplay any marginal hand so I should wait for some premium hands. I really f-ed that one up; I steadily moved down the leaderboard lost a coinflip agains a small stack and I was 34/50. Now I have like 7800 chips, blinds are 400-800 with a 50 ante (i think, it was late) I'm in UTG+1 with 66. You would think I should push and pray or fold...nope, I raise to 1800, folds around to the BB who makes it 4800 and I FOLD!!??! WTF? Now I am UTG and am dealt AQsuited, I shove and get called by the SB who has KK. Note to self: Don't play tired, (I guarantee I break this soon). Cue monkey tilt.. straight to HU NL and lose two buyins at 50NL, move up and lose another $150 at 100NL. Think about moving up with the rest of my FTP account balance, make my only good decision of the night and go to sleep.

The very next night I found myself with some free time and decided to play again but strictly tourneys. Started in a $6.50 4-man HU shootout, and a $6.50 9man both prizes were $26 tokens. Busted the 9man early and took down the shootout pretty easily. My first opponent was super passive and folded to most of my 3-bets preflop, I took most of his chips when I flopped 2-pair, c-bet he called, check raised the turn and he folded. The next match was longer with more lead changes but the opponent folded too much IMO, can't remember any hands must have been a boring match.
Took the $26 token and parlayed that into a $75 token in another sit n go. I considered entering another MTT but after the last night I doubted my ability to stay focused long enough. Instead I played a 6man single table sat for entry to FTOPs event #1. Sitting across from me was Scott Fischman, no bounty for sit and gos but I thought it would be pretty cool to bust him anyway. Here are all the hands from the tourney; cliff notes: I took a bad beat and lost most of my chips, didn't tilt it away, ended up taking Scott out on my second try and won my seat.

Hands will be added when I get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment