Wednesday, April 29, 2009

More online action

Two days ago I was bored and played a short heads-up match against some guy in Uruguay. I doubled him up, got really low and 4-bet all in with 98hh, he called with AQ and I hot a 9 to win. He freaked out and was complaining about how poor he was and that it was his entire roll on the table. I didn't feel bad cause most of it was mine, I kept playing him and we both had about $70. I had AQ, flop was AKx, I check raised him all in he instacalled with AJ and hit a jack on the river. I swore off HUNL again (for the third time this month).

Last night I decided to see if there were any good tourneys going, as I had not played online in a while. The only things registering that looked interesting to me were a $10 rebuy, $2 PL O8, and a $5KO, I got in all three. I know very little about omaha, but was able to build a good stack before the first break, I busted not long after play resumed. I was out of the KO in the first level, (playing too aggro). But doubled up my first hand of the rebuy. While playing in the rebuy I thought I'll see if there are any sats going on, I've been pretty lucky at winning seats lately. Didn't find anything good, and I ended up sitting at a heads-up cash table instead (I told myself I'd only play tourneys, wtf).
So for the first hour and a half of the rebuy I was playing two heads up tables as well. Here's a recap: Sat with $50 at a table with a reg who was $350 and $250 deep on two open tables. First hand he raises me, I shove all in with QQ he calls with A8os and flops an Ace. I'm tilted after the first hand. Rebuy and start chipping away at him, getting up to $65 before getting all in with the best and it holds up. I lose back ~30 before he moves tables, so I stay seated with $85 or so. On the other table I repeatedly bust a guy who keeps buying in for $8 or $10. I end up making $25 or so and close that table. I get a challenger at my one remaining HU table and we battle for a good hour straight. I got as low as $38 and as high as $140. He was calling my river bluffs with no pair Q or K high with an ace on board, bottom pair etc. Soul reading me, I guess some of my postflop play is super transparent. I never got the chance to exploit this, I was hoping when I had the nuts he would look me up with K high or something but it never happened. It was a great match, he played pretty strong and I was lucky to leave the table with $120.
This is where things get interesting, I was still in the Rebuy with 25 left. I had ~13k in chips when the following hand came up. I had QQ in the BB, EP raises 3x, button calls, I raise to ~10x bb, both call. Flop is 459 all hearts (I have Qh). Pot is 4k+ I have 10k remaining, I bet 3750, EP shoves for 7k, button tanks and goes all in over the top for 20k. I call (am I stupid?), and am up against 88 and 55. I don't get lucky and I'm out of the tourney. Probably played it like an idiot, I plan to post the hand later and get some feedback on a better line. I think betting the flop was bad, and after that I hated the call as well. I was a bit steamed, but not ready to quit so what do you do when you are stuck? Move up in limits. Hopped on two tables of 2-4NL 6-max and ran hot turned my two short stacks ($200 each) into over $1,000 in about 30min. Decided that was good for the night and went to sleep. I think there are a couple interesting hands, when I get a chance to review I'll post one or two.

I'm revising my ban on NL cash, now I can only play HU matches at lower limits, and 6-max games at high limits. We'll see how that works out.

No comments:

Post a Comment